Saturday, August 20, 2005

A New Home for the Jameses

My family's found a house! It's huge: 3 stories and lots of rooms. They have no idea how they'll fill it all, it doesn't have much furniture, and what it does have is not fully functional. But it's a lot better than the other options, and it has lots of potential for future coolness. They're moving in today, after the cleaners come and make it spick&span, and the first thing they're installing is an air conditioner, closely followed by a fridge. (it's blue! I helped choose it. :) ) And beds. But the rest is going to come from Ikea (there are 4 in Taipei, the capital, (yay!!) so we'll get stuff there and drive it down with their new car) It's so hard to write they instead of we. I still can't believe I'm not really part of this all. That I don't have to make every appliance blue because I won't be able to see them... But it's fun to watch and help and I'm glad I know where they're staying. We're checking out of the hotel now, so I've got to go, and there's no internet for a while. Oh well.

1 comments:

JAM said...

It's fun to read your description of the situation (I'm sure that your family will do their best to make everything blue!) Your blog looks great, and I can't wait to read more about your adventures.