Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back Home

I'm Back!
It's wonderful to be home (and it really does feel like home). The first day was filled with hugs and "wow, how was vacation?!" My secondo went to South Africa, so though people said I looked tan, he looked very tan. And so many people went home and came back to share stories of their friends. A lot of them said that they felt different going home, that their friends (or they) weren't the same, that they didn't have quite as much to connect with, or that they missed the international aspects of the college. I'll agree with the last part, but I hope the first 2 don't happen when I go back.
We all came back with new and wild New Years Resolutions, mostly about eating and studying - "Not to eat when I'm not hungry" is a common one, as is "Study harder and stop being lazy" and Nidhi even said "Not eat chocolate". Fortunately I talked her out of that one (for her own good, one simply cannot survive without chocolate).
Mine are along those lines, as well as "Go out of my room and socialize more" (because, although my roommates are amazing, there are more people in our school) and "only eat 3 meals/day" (or at least try. Make an effort, y'know?) and "be nicer to my teachers and pay attention in (specifically math and English) class" but that one's going to be really really hard. Especially since we're only just starting on the Unit circle in Math now and English is English. I don't really mind though - I'm reading Jane Eyre now, and it's fabulous. I feel very nicely Englishified.
Oh, and "Be more socially active". I figure if I get one of these done, I'll be doing well, and if I improve all of them, that will be best.
I'm sort of annoyed, because I have all these pictures I want to take, but no camera. Oh well, it'll come in a week or something.
Nevin and I went down to Fore Beach (a fairly steep climb with some rock scaling at the end) and she was terrified. Apparently they don't have cliffs in the Gaza strip. But we made it and it was so beautiful (camera!!:( ). She was really happy we'd done it in the end, and I was as well, (Eru's song, though, that took a lot of coaxing)
I have homework to do now (resolution#2) and I have to write something up for Nidhi (resolution#6) and then socialize (#4). Hard life, ain't it?

0 comments: