Thursday, February 02, 2006

Skiing

So I did get snow after all.
I joined the x-country skiing activity and am having a blast. It's so funny to see all these equatorial people trying to ski... It makes me feel much better about my moderate ability. And now that they've had 3 times to practice, they're really good and we have a lot of fun.
(That would be Assumpta(Uganda), me, Giulia (rooma/Italy), Domenica(cecz republic, Vivian(Hong Kong), and Marta (other rooma/Poland))
I'm on skate skis, but I switch with lots of people because they see me and others speeding along and want to try. And while I have classic skis, I go off into the woods and do a little trekking, it's awesome.

Last Saturday I went 20ish kilometers, and ended up 45 minutes late for the ride back because I was going with Assumpta, Renato and Edurardo and we took a wrong turn and went on the long loop, not the short one. Oh well, it was fun, and they didn't leave without us, so that's good.
And now it's gorgeous and sunny and 60-65° and we're out on the grass basking in the sun. Sigh, it's a hard life, y'know?

1 comments:

spiritjess said...

You have more snow than we do in Vermont! Enjoy!