Tuesday, October 18, 2005

2 months

It's been officially 2 months since I left home. The longest I've ever been away from my home/family. And yet it doesn't feel like that, I catch myself thinking that perhaps life in the US was just a dream or something, certainly not as real as this.
Sure, random bursts of homesickness are more common, but not as bad as I thought they might be, and on the whole I'm noticing a distinct sense of home radiating from this place.
symptoms include:
1. Being bored with class
2. Dreaming of people here more than people at home.
3. Thinking in broken/accented English. (There's hardly a person here who speaks "normally" but I'm totally used to it.)
4. Having both good and bad days (in the beginning, it was only good days)
5. (Sadly) not being awestruck by the view out my window. (though that might have something to do with the scaffolding that completely blocks the sight)
speaking of scaffolding:
Foresteria (my residence) has been defiled for the sake of its roof. The walls are covered in plastic and metal scaffolding and there are strange men walking about at eyelevel to our 2nd floor bedrooms (sort of uncomfortable...). It's annoying because we can't use the outside stairs, because our view is ruined, and because the bathrooms look right out onto the scaffolding. (or, more importantly, the people on the scaffolding can look right in) Grr. Hopefully it'll go away soon.
I have to do Climbing homework now: find my way to the top of the mountain and back before sundown. Good luck to me!

0 comments: