Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spanish Immersion

I'm now having an intense Spanish immersion experience, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I've found a wonderful Latino to spend my time with - Eduardo from Peru - and now the world is beautiful and bright, even on cloudy days.
It started on Sunday, when we took a walk down the Rilke Path (the classic romantic spot in the college) and sat on the cliffs, looking out at the sea and talking about life. At some point in the three hours we spent there we changed from being friends to something more, and the rest of the story is private ;) and not for public posting. Suffice to say that I don't think I'll make it in for curfew very often in the future, and my Spanish is going to get really good. (this is where I get mad that blogger doesn't have emoticons, because I'd put a huge grin here)
Our friends are having a blast with it - teasing us to no end - but we don't mind whatsoever. The college tradition in this respect is for each person to adopt the other's secondi, co-years, and especially roommates, so now Marta, Nevin, and Giulia are happily discussing their new Roomo and Rene is my new secondo (though he basically was before anyway, by adoption).
Sigh...He's so sweet, and his language is sooooo gorgeous - having "te quiero" whispered in your ear is an experience every girl should have.
This is him, in case you can't find him in the pictures I've already posted:

I know I've said Life is Good before, but I was mistaken - Life is Fabuloso. :)

0 comments: