Sunday, September 18, 2005

EE Friends

The thing that's taking up most of my time right now is this: EE Friends.
Until November 2, all the secundi are stressed out about their Extended Essays, a requirement for the IB. So us primi help them out a bit by sending them chocolate, encouraging notes, flowers, coffee, and generally make their lives more interesting and happy. Each one of us chooses a second year to play secret-admirer to, and there is much intrigue and plotting among the secundi to find out who we are, and among the primi to keep it secret.
I, crazy person that I am, chose two, because I was feeling altruistic at the time. So I'm EE-friending Salvo, the boy who picked me up at the train station, and Salim, a guy from Afghanistan. It's great fun (they both think I'm someone else, which is quite interesting) but expensive - chocolate (and flowers and toys, etc) for two people every couple days adds up. And there's a toll on my imagination too, to make it exciting and interesting for both of them in completely different ways is hard mental work.
But I'm managing. I'm going to lead Salvo on a treasure hunt around Duino, and I'm working on a painting of the cliffs for Salim right now. And Trieste has lots of stuff I can get for them.
And they send me chocolate back, which makes it all perfectly fine by me.

2 comments:

Tropical Penguin said...

Can a secret be kept when it is published on a blog? Or is your blog secret from your Italian friends? Just curious.

JAM said...

Just so ya know, the guy in the tux is yr uncle. I know. I had the same question in my mind, and great minds think like siblings.
You need to kick peter off, though. He's a spammer. Go to the anti-spam place -- comments, tools, or something, and people have to verify that they are real and not automatic rude advertisers.
love, yr mother