Thursday, September 29, 2005

Nuova Rooma!

I have a new roommate!!

She's finally come, and I'm so happy. She came late Monday evening, and we've been showing her around ever since. She's picked up things quickly, and I really like her. She's so sweet, she showed me her Koran today (not letting me touch it) and read me some of the beautiful words (no idea what they mean) and talked to me about Islam, the fundamental principals behind it and how it relates to other religions... I was late for college service because of it.
She covers her hair (a shame, it's so beautiful) and it's interesting how the veil changes her face, she looks so different with and without it. I'm excited to be able to talk to her - of all the cultural differences, I think this will be the biggest/most important.
I watched her pray this afternoon, she donned a white veil and skirt and spread out her carpet, faced the wall and knelt down...I've heard of it so often, but never seen it done. I guess it'll be common to me by the end of the year.
And I have to be careful about when I bring guys into my room now, because she takes her veil off inside, so I have to knock and check if I'm getting something or showing someone music or anything. It's so strange.

1 comments:

CoolAJ86 said...

That's cool. I'm looking forward to going to Alabania. You should find a friend over there who is interested in the Gospel of Christ and then come across the water and see me.