Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Croatia

I've added two new countries to my list now. Slovenia and Croatia. Technically I never really set foot in Slovenia, but I got the stamp in my passport (which, by the way, I like a lot now, seeing as it gets me everywhere and people like Nevin and Vanessa and Tara can only go to certain countries with theirs) so that sort of counts.
Croatia was fun though, we spent two days there, wandering around. isn't this weird? They live in the house, but it's half broken down.
we found a nice black kitty and befriended it. Toni apparently really likes cats.
and the 2nd biggest amphitheater in Europe. Interesting to see a normal street dissolve into this - a conflict of eras.
And then I got back to Duino and went trick-or-treating around my residence. Most of the time I had to explain what it was and half the time I got hugs instead of candy, but it was fun, and I got some chocolate and oranges and cookies and gum. A far cry from the hundreds I used to get, but whatever. It's the thought/act that counts.
And long weekend is almost over, a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

0 comments: