Saturday, November 12, 2005

EE Show

The second years' Extended Essays are done! And so the first years have, according to UWCAd tradition, put on an EE Show for them. We've been working on it for over a month, and it came off fantastically last night. We did it along the theme of a TV station: EETV with a live studio audience. We had all the secondi dress up as TV characters:
James Bond (and his girlfriend, Bondgirl, my seconda)

The Adams family,

Aladdin and Jasamine, etc.

I was greeting people at the entrance with a camera and autograph book and being a classic fan: "Wow! Isaac! I've always dreamed of meeting you. Your last movie was amazing. My friends are going to be so jealous of me. Y'know, I won this place in the Studio audience by calling into the radio...I never expected to actually come and get to meet you guys... Can I have your picture? Your autograph? Wow..." (thus this picture)

Then we started the show. It was so funny - we had everything from STOMP:

To examples of classic EE Friends (The non-existent eefriend, the competetive eefriend, the eelover, the transgender eefriend, etc.)

To the strip show: note Eilu on the end, our resident firstyear gay guy. (no, Nik (the guy dancing with him) is not gay and Eilu has a boyfriend)

To a great teacher impersonation skit that involved the economics teacher coming up on stage and battling his alter-ego for possession of the name Peter Howe, and the Director of Studies (who's really strict and sort of hard to deal with) dressed up as batwoman.
To the (traditional) strip show:
In between skits there were advertisements like "Super-Cancer-Cigarettes" (Alejandro and Nick smoking and Elad comes in with 10ish cigarettes rubberbanded together and shows off) the slogan was "Everybody gets cancer, why wait?"
Nevin and I did an Arabic song ("Arabian MTV") and it sounded great.

At the end I finally unveiled myself to my EEFriend (Salim) he was so surprised and happy. It was really funny. I gave him Skittles and Milky Way as a final EE present (Thank you Anne!!!) and then everyone went to Micky's (local bar) to party.
Such fun...

1 comments:

spiritjess said...

Awesome pictures! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun putting it together. It must have been a hoot!